Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Song Of Solomon INTERVIEW

Soooo... I thought the frst part was funny b/c i guess i didnt realize that quoting scritptures and lyrics arent normal in regular converstion. hahaha. Aaaand.. I have not heard or seen people fly back to Africa lol I feel like that is more from an older age group... like my grandmas time. I can relate to her a bit.. she's ok in my book lol!

3 comments:

  1. Toni Morrison’s mother seems to be a pretty fun mother. It is like having High School Musical lives in your room, without the dancing that is. As for the lyrics, I believe that song lyrics are base everyday events. Instead of having people pull out lyrics and quote them, but to pull out every day events and turn them into lyrics. Just out of curiosity, was Morrison’s mother a professional singer? And during what time period did Morrison lived in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that you and I had the same idea! I feel that watching interviews and videos that involve the author one is researching is a good approach! I watched a video about my author and learned much more about her than I could have by simply reading facts, or writing, or even her own work. You can really get a sense for what the person is like, and what their voice sounds like. It helps you relate to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with her it's very different reading things that authors write opposed to hearing them talk and listening to the way they portray their ideas. I had one view on the way my author is until I looked up an interview like this one and it completely changed my perspective and brought her into a new light, I hope this interview had the same effect on you!

    ReplyDelete